Monday, August 16, 2010

Amsterdam Archives

The Amsterdam City Archives in the Netherlands now offers "its award-winning Archives Database: a wealth of digitized archival material", online. The site provides quick access to Amsterdam's historical documents allowing researchers to hunt for Dutch ancestors "with the help of a straightforward search system and instructions in English." Amsterdam burial registers, another indispensable source for genealogical research, have been added to the Archives Database, bringing the total number of scans to more than seven million (items)". Source: Amsterdam City Archives website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to debate this, I feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If possible, as you acquire expertise, would you thoughts updating your blog with further information? This can be very useful for me.
I’ve just lately began a blog, the data you present on this website has helped me tremendously. Thanks for all your time & work.
I do know this isn’t precisely on topic, however i've a website online using the same program as properly and i get troubles with my comments displaying. is there a setting i am lacking? it’s potential you may assist me out? thanx.


purchase Zebeta online | buy next day Zebeta